5.6 CSR independent third-party entity report
Report of one of the Statutory Auditors, appointed as independent third party, on the consolidated non financial statement
This is a free translation into English of the Statutory Auditor’s report issued in French and is provided solely for the convenience of English-speaking readers. This report should be read in conjunction with, and construed in accordance with, French law and professional standards applicable in France.
For the year ended December 31, 2020
To the Shareholders,
In our capacity as Statutory Auditor of Edenred SA, appointed as independent third party and accredited by COFRAC under number 3-1048 (scope of accreditation available at www.cofrac.fr), we hereby report to you on the consolidated non financial statement for the year ended December 31, 2020 (hereinafter the “Statement”), presented in the groupmanagement report pursuant to the legal and regulatory provisions of Articles L. 225-102-1, R. 225-105 and R. 225-105-1 of the French Commercial Code (Code de commerce).
The Board of Directors is responsible for preparing a Statement pursuant to legal and regulatory provisions, including a presentation of the business model, a description of the main extra-financial risks, a presentation of the policies implemented with respect to these risks as well as the results of these policies, including key performance indicators. The Statement has been prepared by applying the company’s procedures (hereinafter the “Guidelines”), summarized in the Statement and available on the company’s website or on request from its headquarters.
Independence and quality control
Our independence is defined by the requirements of article L. 822-11-3 of the French Commercial Code and the French Code of Ethics for Statutory Auditors (Code de déontologie). In addition, we have implemented a system of quality control including documented policies and procedures regarding compliance with the ethical requirements, French professional standards and applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Responsibility of the statutory auditor appointed as independent third party
Based on our work, our responsibility is to express a limited assurance conclusion on:
- the compliance of the Statement with the requirements of article R. 225-105 of the French Commercial Code;
- the fairness of the information provided pursuant to part 3 of sections I and II of Article R. 225-105 of the French Commercial Code, i.e. the outcomes of policies, including key performance indicators, and measures relating to the main risks, hereinafter the “Information.”
However, it is not our responsibility to provide any conclusion on the company’s compliance with other applicable legal and regulatory provisions, particularly with regard to the duty of vigilance, anti-corruption and taxation nor on the compliance of products and services with the applicable regulations.
Nature and scope of procedures
We performed our work in accordance with Articles A. 225-1 et seq. of the French Commercial Code defining the conditions under which the independent third party performs its engagement and the professional guidance issued by the French Institute of Statutory Auditors (Compagnie nationale des commissaires aux comptes) relating to this engagement and with ISAE 3000 (Assurance engagements other than audits or reviews of historical financial information).
We conducted procedures in order to assess the Statement's compliance with regulatory provisions, and the fairness of the Information:
- We familiarized ourselves with the Group’s business activity and the description of the principal risks associated.
- We assessed the suitability of the Guidelines with respect to their relevance, completeness, reliability, neutrality and clarity, taking into account, where appropriate, best practices within the sector.
- We verified that the Statement covers each category of information stipulated in section III of Article L. 225-102-1 governing social and environmental affairs, as well as in the second paragraph of Article L. 22-10-36 regarding the respect for human rights and the fight against corruption and tax evasion.